The Beginning – Just opposite this ancient brewery, in the flat farmland of Hainaut, there is a small castle, coloured snowy-white. It’s where Dubuisson’s story began, where Joseph Leroy first started brewing for the Count of Ghissegnies. When, in 1769, the Empress Maria Theresia withdrew tax exemptions that had been previously granted, the Count’s brewing adventure came to an end.
Not Joseph Leroy’s, however. This ancestor (through the female line) to current owner, Hugues Dubuisson, simply crossed the road and started up his own farm brewery. Eight generations on, and its brewing craft is still alive, and still being passed from father to son.
Source : Beertourism